Sunday, October 2, 2011

Whew.

So it's been a while.  The short version of the story is as follows: 

Things have taken a turn for the awesome around here.  I predict amazing things to come.  The end.

I'll probably expand on that one of these days but for now, here are a couple of things I worked on this week:


There is more to the address than just "SWARTZ" but I can't just go around giving away peoples' addresses all willy-nilly.  The font, called "circus" is one I downloaded from a free font site, printed out, then sat and painstakingly wrote out with a 0.1 Copic multi-liner.  I wanted to go for a circus feel, and I really liked that font.  The biggest compliment:  my son thought the letters were rub-ons.

The envelope is actually the main event - it's meant to be sent empty.  I put a piece of cardboard inside to stiffen it, but sending a decorated envelope was the whole point of this swap.  It was based on this book, called Mail Me Art (you can click to see samples inside the book); and I've been captivated by this project ever since I heard of it.  This isn't for the same project, it's a swap through swap-bot.  


My kids also bring me little bits and pieces of neat things because they know that I like to decorate the pages in my journal.  (See?  Awesome.)  They gave me this piece of cardboard, so I attached some bits and pieces I had lying around, then did a bit of random meandering journaling on it, and cut notches into it so I could slip it into the coil binding inside my book.   I hadn't worked in any of my art journals for a while, so this was more of a warm up than anything else.  

That's all for now, but stay tuned.  More awesome to come.  

Love Shelley!

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome that you have so much awesome going on in your life.....mainly because you ARE awesome, in a very awesome way. i can't wait to hear all the details that are tucked between "the short version of the story is as follows" and "the end". i know there's really awesome stuff to be told......

    the envelope you designed is also, well, awesome (for the lack of a better word!). you are a lettering rock star......i hope you know that!!
    :)) and xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I just found your blog and I'm in ooh and awe over what I see... thanks for brightening this early Saturday morning in a grey and rainy Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! I love to hear that things are awesome for you! Thanks for posting, I love seeing your new stuff and look forward to hearing more about what's going on....I too hope to be having more awesomeness coming this year!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...