Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bright Colours and Shallow Thoughts

Hey!

I'm still here!

I've been doing some spring cleaning and decluttering, and not surprisingly ... creating more room got my mojo rolling like crazy once again.  Here's another one of the daily doodle postcard-sized watercolour drawing/paintings I did.


One day, I'll get there! 

(I drew and painted this based on a photo I found on flickr.)


Drew and painted based on a chocolate bar I ate.


Drew and painted based on a daily doodle of Teesha Moore's.  I didn't know I was going to take it this far with the plagiarism until it was too late.


I love the free-motion stitching pictures, because they inspire me to try to achieve lines like that with my black pens.


Sure, I try to be all badass... but it's hard to pull that off when you're drinking a bright pink concoction out of a red straw.  I have to make more of an effort to like bourbon, I guess.  (Bleah)

I have lots more to show you, but this is probably enough for right now.  I've been working on some art journal pages - they're just bubbling up out of me right now.  Spring break must agree with me!

Hope you're enjoying it too.  And if you find yourself sitting on a patio having a girly drink... have one for me too!

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, how do you achieve such great lettering? It always looks so awesome. Stencils maybe?
    And your colors are so bright and pretty. I can't wait to see more of your pages.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...