Monday, July 27, 2009

As promised... Happy Bird-Day!

I made a batch of these cards for a swap I'm involved in, so I had to follow certain rules:

1) everything on the card has to be currently available Stampin' Up! product
2) the card has to have at least two layers and one embellishment
3) the theme was "show off the new stuff!"

The new catalog was recently released, and although I don't have much, I'm sure happy with the stuff I did buy!

This card has a couple of the new In Colors, uh, colors; (that sounds so repetitive - sorry!) and some of the new Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper. It's... GORGEOUS. The colours are rich and delicious, as you can see here:



That little birdy is from the Pun Fun stamp set, which isn't a new release but I still love him anyway. I coloured him up using ink straight out of the lids of my SU ink pads.

And voila! Here's the inside:




Whoops! I was going to put the "happy bird-day" sentiment on the inside... but I forgot. Too late now, I've already licked all the envelopes closed. Luckily for me you can't get kicked out for sending an un-sentimented card.

Yep, I just made up another word. I have to keep up with my sister, you see. She was ahead by one, using "rye-arrhea" this weekend to describe her hangover. Aren't you glad you read this far????

Have a great day!

Love Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. Your cute cards certainly are cute - and very clever too. I love the bright cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable, with or without a sentiment! Sometimes, it's just as much fun to imagine one!
    debra~

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...