Sunday, May 31, 2009

Okay, if you usually come here looking for cards, I apologize for the detour off into other topics... but in case you ARE interested, here are some pages from the art journal I've been doodling around in. First up is the cover:



I actually used painted aluminum and embossed all the designs right into it, then sanded the black off so it shows the aluminum underneath. To me it looks pretty unbalanced and messy but it's my first attempt and I'm going with it! After all, the pages themselves are made from 9x9 pieces of old newspaper stuck together with glue stick, so it's not like I have a lot invested in this project. Actually, that makes it easier to experiment, knowing I'm not messing up something "nice" or expensive!

See? This next one is totally not what I'd call "awesome" or even "hey, that's nice," but I had fun fooling around with paint and stuff making it. It's about where my mind randomly goes sometimes.



And here's a page that is just waiting for some love. This is the back of the cover. I had taped the metal to the cover with that polka-dot gaffer tape, and folded it over; so the back has an instant frame. I love it already just the way it is; so it might be hard to start adding stuff to it.



Working on this loosy-goosy painting stuff really makes a nice change for me from making cards, because they tend to be fairly nit-picky to make. But now that I've got that out of my system: cards. I have to; I have orders to fill! Wheeeee!

More soon,

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your journal pages! They look so professional!! Thanks for posting your link in BAJ Yahoo group!!! Leanne.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...